Graduations are always special. They are considered as a significant milestone in any person's life. And what better way to commemorate a job well done and a promise of a bright future but with a big graduation bash.
In a graduation party, friends and family get together and celebrate the graduate's accomplishments, as well as toast to his bright future.
Graduation party planning need not be fretful with all the tremendous online resources and professional party planners all around. But of course, it would be most memorable not only for the graduate but also for the attendees of the party to see a graduation party with a personal touch that is oozing with the graduate's wonderful personality.
This list is a product of many years of attending and organizing graduation parties. Check them out and see how you can incorporate your own ideas and throw one heck of a memorable graduation party.
1. Before anything else, it is of utmost importance to have these things at top priority:
- Choose a date and a time when the graduation party is to be held. You can never imagine how hectic a new graduate's schedule can be. - With a date and time chosen, do not forget to reserve the venue. It does happen that after everything is well in order, reserving the venue slips your mind. - Set up a budget and try to stick to it. Going broke is most definitely out of the question.
2. Write down a "To-Do List". Party planning's golden rule states that, "The things you need to do take much longer than you think." Plan ahead, then execute. It will get out of control at some point, and good planning really pays off.
3. To make the party something to remember for a long time, cook up a theme for your graduation party. And with this theme in mind, tie in some games, request your guest to put on costumes, or render theme-specific special performances.
4. Make invitations that will really capture the essence of the event and are something catchy as well. The more people that are invited, the more fun the party is, don't you agree?
5. Plan the menu. Going hungry at a party is a party-pooper. So make sure to fill your guests' growling tummies. Serve something appropriate for the party's time schedule.
These basic graduation party-planning tips will carry you through the more difficult steps of putting together a party. The rest will more or less just flow as you go along.